ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Windows XP crashes when changing to Soundblaster X-Fi (AllinOne as well)  (อ่าน 2737 ครั้ง)

0 สมาชิก และ 1 บุคคลทั่วไป กำลังดูหัวข้อนี้

nobbie

• บุคคลทั่วไป
Windows XP crashes when changing to Soundblaster X-Fi (AllinOne as well)
« เมื่อ: วันที่ 11 ธันวาคม 2006, 20:58:13 น. »
Hi folks,

recently I tried to change from a Soundblaster Live 5.1 to a Soundblaster X-Fi (Extreme Audio). I reinstalled all drivers, removed the old ones, the soundcard itself works fine. But as I call Extreme Karaoke (1.5) as well as AllinOne Karaoke, I get a bluescreen at once and windows is rebooting. I also completely reinstalled Extreme Karaoke (in addition, with removing all its old folders), but as soon I am registered, I get the same crash!

As a temporary solution, I went back to the Soundblaster Live. Extreme Karaoke works again.

Is there a known issue with the Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Audio? I have another computer with an X-Fi Extreme Music, and this one works well with Extreme Karaoke. But this one was completely fresh installed.

BTW: The X-Fi Extreme Audio sucks! I would nobody recommend to buy it, because it has indeed less functions than the SB Live 5.1 :-(  Today, I will bring it back to the store. What I wanted to to was to add reverb (only) to the midi channel.

Kind regards